I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

woensdag 29 mei 2013

Fantastic shoot in Belgium

 
Last year I met Johan Verhulst.
Johan is a talented Belgium photographer, specialized in large format nude photography.
He was interested in wet plate photography so he visited my small studio and we had some interesting discussions about photography and of course we made some very nice plates together.

At the end of the day he invited me to visit his home and do some nude wet plate.
It took some time before we could settle an appointment as we needed some good weather.
And we all know how long the winter season lasted this year.....
 
Last Tuesday we (Ferry and me) drove to Belgium and after 11/2 hours
driving we arrived at Johan's place.
 
Well, "a house and a garden" is an understatement.
Johan and his family live in a more than 200 years old beautiful house
pre owned by a famous brewer family.

And the garden is actually a park.
Filled with trees of more than 200 years old, a lake with white swans,
a small antique bridge and much much more.
You can imagine we had a fantastic day als also beautiful weather! 
 
Also many thanks to the Model, Ivory Flame, for being so patience with us!
http://www.ivoryflame.co.uk/
 
 

26x26cm ambrotype
Dallmeyer 5d at f6
exposure time 8 seconds


 
 
 
 

 
26x26cm ambrotype
Hermagis 360mm  at 4.5
exposure time 6 seconds




 



Holly, Johan and me.



Johan owns 9 dogs. Two of them somehow liked my car.........
They slept in the back of my car during the whole afternoon.
In the evening Ferry almost had to drag them out.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. uh, that was worth the effort! Great job, fantastic plates!
    PS: You don't have a phone number of Holly, do you?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Incredibly good and very inspiring...!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen