I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

zaterdag 16 oktober 2010

Studio shoot at "MIJNSTUDIO"

Last week i was invited by Marc Vreenegoor, owner of a very beautifull professional studio in ter Aar ( near Amsterdam) to give a demonstration wet plate photography.

He invited a very beautifull, but also very patient model Marisa to make some plates.
The other photographer was Huibert van der Meer. A great and very creative photographer.
For the most of them it was the first time they ever saw wet plate photography.
It was a very long but also joyfull day.

Location : www.mijnstudio.nu
Marc Vreenegoor : http://www.m-xposure.com/
Huibert van der Meer : http://www.huibertvandermeer.nl/

some impressions :


picture made by Marc Vreenegoor



Dallmeyer 3b wide open
exposure time 10 sec
black glass



Dallmeyer 3b wide open
exposure time 6 sec
black glass





Dallmeyer 3b wide open
exposure time 10 sec
black glass

1 opmerking: