I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

maandag 3 juni 2013

Inside a petzval lens

 
During my last visit I met Mr. Corrado  D'agostini again.
He's the writer of the book I mentioned before on my weblog
It contains almost 400 pages covered with loads of information about the
most famous French optics.
Including many pictures. Names like: Berthiot, Hermagis, Darlot, Jamin etc.
You will also find many background information about the makers and
technical information about the optics.
Also every documented lens has it's serial number published.
Unfortunately not the year of build. Pity, but you can't have it all.

Mr Corrado was showing a nice open petzval lens to me.
On my question: "Is this one for sale" he commented positive!
So now I am the proud owner of a "half plate" petzval.
Mr. Corrado D'agostini still owns the other half.

I want to use it during demonstrations, just to show how skilled they were
during the 17th century. It reveals all the mystery's of a petzval lens
The crazy thing is that it still produces an image when I point it to a light at the ceiling
If you are interested in Old photographic French lenses, this is a book you need to have in your collection!
21x30x3cm !!
ISBN 88-8341-491-6
His website: http://www.oldphotographiclenses.com/



 
 


Mr. Corrado D'agostini holding his fabulous book and me





 


 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten