I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

maandag 20 mei 2013

My "BIG" friend.

 
 
Already a few weeks ago we all were together at the European Collodion Weekend.
Loads of fun and fantastic weather. But to all nice things comes an end.
So I was already packing as Jacqueline Roberts son Emrys came to me and asked me
if I wanted to make a picture of him....
 
How could I resist, such a nice little guy and also famous model.
So I unpacked most of my stuff again and made him this plate.
Still struggling with the exposure but somehow this was my favourite of the ECW.
 
So this one is for you, Emrys.
Thank you for posing.
 
Alex
 

 
 
 


Digital picture made by Melanie Tenhagen

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Prachtige plaat! Veel gevoel en karakter.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Son of a great artist after all, great capture the Roberts' kids are full of magic indeed and the camera just love them.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen