I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

zondag 26 mei 2013

"Diamonds and Pearls"


More than a year ago Marc Lagrange contacted me and he asked me
if I was willing to tell him more about the wet plate collodion process.
Some weeks after our first contact Marc and his assistant Kim visited my
small studio and we had a very nice day.

As an admirer of his work it was a great day for me also.

During that gathering I made the enclosed portrait of him which
now is in back of  the book as his profile photo.

Since than some time passed as Marc was working on his new book, “Diamonds and pearls”
but last Saturday we ( Ferry vd Vliet and me) visited Marc’s beautiful studio
to make them start with wet plate. 
Tomorrow they will start making their own wet plates and I really hope
he will be able to make some great plates for his next book.
If you are interested in his work, just visit his website or buy his new book:
“Diamonds and Pearls”.
I can assure you, you won’t regret it!
 
 
 
 Marc Lagrange, holding his new book "Diamonds and Peals"
26x26 black glass ambrotype
Hermagis petzval 360mm 4.5
exposure time 2 seconds
 

Some pictures, made by Ferry, during last Saturday's shoot:






 
 
 

1 opmerking: