While developing plates it was more difficult to spread the developer over the plates
So it was time to start maintenance on my silver bath.
As i did not have any other problems I decided just to boil the solution back to a volume of about 90%. After I done this several times now I found out there is no need to boil the volume back to a low level. Just boiling it to about 10% less of the original volume is ok. It 's only needed to get rid of the alcohol and ether.
After doing this I add the needed volume demi water and the bath can turn VERY cloudy.
Don't worry about that. Just shake the bottleand leave it that way for a few hours it will clear and you will see a lot of dirt at the bottom of the bottle
After that I sunned the bath under a face tanner. filtered it twice, checked gravity, added the needed silver nitrate and it was ready for use again
Result : a perfectly clear and good working silver bath again.
So it takes a few hours but the result is worth it.