I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

vrijdag 13 mei 2011

Gathering with Jos and Sander

Last week Jos and Sander visited my studio to make some wet plates.
Jos is the founder of the Fotografica Museum Zoetermeer.
http://www.fotograficamuseumzoetermeer.nl/about.html

Sander is a professional photographer. One of the few left who only works analogue !!
Although it was warm in my studio again we made some nice plates. They really enjoyed the process and they already started collecting things for making their own plates in the near future !


Just click on the underneath picture to see an animated GIF









"Jos" made by Sander




"Sander" made by Jos

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten