I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

woensdag 15 juni 2011

Movie about 20x20" Donchev camera

While unpacking my new 20x20" Donchev wet plate camera my friend, Ad van den Beemt,  made me a short movie.

If you want to see the larger version : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ajhI0WIZlM


If you need more info about this camera, just send an  e-mail to :

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Prachtig materiaal en werk! Zag je advertentie op Sign.nl, maar kan je niet helpen. Maar petje af voor je werk. Heel mooi.
    Een manier van werken waar ik ook naar toe wil als ik meer stationair ben wat werk betreft.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen